Re: [vox] [fwd] ssh "attacks" - distributed slow scans - notexactly "news", but?for the curious ...

Re: [vox] [fwd] ssh "attacks" - distributed slow scans - notexactly "news", but?for the curious ...

SM> What are your thoughts on using /etc/hosts.deny to block ssh access
SM> from entire geographical regions? I ran across this post which is very
SM> curious:

SM> http://nukecops.com/postp172318.html#172318

Personally, I can't do that as I do have public facing web pages and DNS
services that I can't let be blocked...  Otherwise, if that's your only
public facing service then go ahead!  Just make sure you don't visit
those regions someday on vacation and forget to turn it off again ;-)