2008 Nov 21 15:27

[vox] Fwd: Re: In the market for a new MP3 player

Wade posted from a non-subscribed address..

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:57:35 -0800 (PST)
From: Wade Pinkston <blata@bugs2go.com>
Subject: Re: [vox] In the market for a new MP3 player

ebay, ipod 5.5, rockbox 3.0

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard S. Crawford" <rscrawford@mossroot.com>
To: vox@lists.lugod.org
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 10:07:00 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [vox] In the market for a new MP3 player

My old Creative Nomad Zen Xtra has been a good workhorse for about six
years now, but recently it's started to show its age; it reboots
randomly and the KZenExplorer software no longer talks to it (although
Amarok does, which is peculiar). So I'm in the market for a new
MP3/media player. My ideal player would play videos as well as MP3's
and ogg files. Ideally there would be some desktop software which
could manage the files on the thing, including playlists (Amarok, for
all its coolness, fails miserably in this regard). I'm open to getting
an iPod but I'm told the latest ones do not play well with Linux.

I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks!

--
Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford@mossroot.com)
http://www.mossroot.com

Wade Pinkston

Ipsa scientia potestas est

Windows,a
64 bit rewrite of a
32 bit graphical interface for a
16 bit patch to an
8 bit operating system internally coded for a
4 bit processor written by a
2 bit company that can't stand
1 bit of competition

----- End forwarded message -----