2008 Nov 17 12:06

[vox] In the market for a new MP3 player

[vox] In the market for a new MP3 player

My old Creative Nomad Zen Xtra has been a good workhorse for about six
years now, but recently it's started to show its age; it reboots
randomly and the KZenExplorer software no longer talks to it (although
Amarok does, which is peculiar). So I'm in the market for a new
MP3/media player. My ideal player would play videos as well as MP3's
and ogg files. Ideally there would be some desktop software which
could manage the files on the thing, including playlists (Amarok, for
all its coolness, fails miserably in this regard). I'm open to getting
an iPod but I'm told the latest ones do not play well with Linux.

I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks!

--
Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford@mossroot.com)
http://www.mossroot.com