2008 Nov 12 17:44

[vox] OpenMoko CEO @ BALUG (Tuesday Nov 18)

Hi Folks:

Sean Moss-Pultz will be speaking at BALUG on Tuesday (11/18).  Sean

is the CEO and founder of The OpenMoko Project, which makes a open

source linux based cell phone called the NEO FreeRunner.  Sean is a

self described San Diego surfer that landed in Taiwan as a software

developer working on embedded systems, which ultimately led to the

founding of OpenMoko.  More info on Sean, OpenMoko and the Neo

FreeRunner at these links:

http://moss-pultz.com/

http://www.openmoko.com/

http://www.openmoko.com/product.html

We're expecting a great crowd, so if you'd like to join us please RSVP:

  RSVP at balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help the

Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and they ensure that we're able to eat

upstairs in the private banquet room.  Bottomline:  if we don't have 40

RSVPs the day before the meeting, we don't get the banquet room.

Meeting Details...

  6:30pm

  November 18th, 2008 (Next Tuesday)

  Four Seas Restaurant

  731 Grant Ave.

  San Francisco, CA 94108

  Easy $5 PARKING:  Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny

Cost: The meetings are always free, but dinner is $13

--

Andrew Fife

Untangle - The Open Source Network Gateway

www.untangle.com/download

650.425.3327 desk

415.806.6028 cell