January 6: Social gathering
2008 Oct 10 00:24

Re: [vox] BerkeleyTIP video was- Re: Linux Users' Group of Davis,Oct. 20th meeting: "code_swarm"

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 05:21:27PM -0700, john_re wrote:
> Bill - You all could do the total community some good by video recording
> this & making it available on the net.  Sounds like an excellent talk to
> include in the monthly BerkeleyTIP-Global meetings.  If you do record it
> - be sure to get a good mic so the audio comes out clear & crisp - don't
> use the camera built in mic, unless yo position the camera less than
> about 6 feet from the speaker.  Be sure to test out the audio recording
> system in advance, to ensure it records clear sound.

I don't personally have any video recording gear, nor does the club as an
org. :^/  (I've got a digital still camera that can take videos... great for
catching the baby doing something cute.  Not something I'd want to try and
use for a presentation at a meeting.)

Anyone else out here willing to come by and record the meeting?  I know
PenLUG's been doing that a lot lately, and people seem to enjoy it.

> If you record it, or any other videos ever, be sure to send an email to
> the BerkeleyTIP-Global list so I'll  be aware it's available.  I'm gonna
> also try to include a NYLUG video they just recorded, for November -
> this will be the first month where LUGs will have videos that
> BerkeleyTIP-Global viewers around the world might watch.

Ugh... not yet another list to be on, sorry.  But obviously I'd announce any
video posts to LUGOD, so if you notice it, you could pass it along.

Speaking of which, I really need to stop being _3 out out 4_ elected officers.
(I think Nick's back in town, so I guess now I'm only 2 out of 4.)

Elections are coming up.  I want HELP. :(