2008 Oct 14 13:17

[vox] [fwd] Memorial party for Jack Crowell Sunday 2PM at Sudwerkin Davis

I received the following email yesterday.

I was not aqcuainted with Jack, but in case anyone out here was (say, from
his work at DCN), I thought I'd pass it along.

Take care,

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Larry Dieterich <macparamedic@me.com> -----

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:04:21 -0700
From: Larry Dieterich <macparamedic@me.com>
Subject: Memorial party for Jack Crowell Sunday 2PM at Sudwerk in Davis

Hi All

You probably know that Jack Crowell passed away last week in his home here
in Davis.

He will be *greatly* missed.

Jack was an old-school hacker, longtime sysadmin for DCN, and a true
luminary among his peers. The network has some serious routing to do to make
up for the loss of this particular node.

I'm writing to advise you, and ask you to notify other relevant communities
of interest because there will be a memorial party in Jack's honor this
Sunday 10/12/08 at 2PM at Sudwerk in Davis. We have a back room reserved to
host his friends and colleagues for a last hurrah for
netadmin@dcn.davis.ca.us

Come and share your stories about how Jack's joy helped your life.

Please bring pictures or mementos to show and share.

Please pass this around to friends of his that you think should attend.

Sudwerk
2001 2nd ST
Davis, CA 95616
530-758-8700