2008 Sep 16 11:48

Re: [vox] linux on the eee pc

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 05:16:24PM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Adam Costanzo <adam_costanzo@yahoo.com>

> I'm thinking of picking up an eee pc (don't worry I won't install XP).
> However, I'd like to see it in action before I buy. I was wondering if
> you could put me in touch with any LUGOD members who have them that
> might be willing to give a brief demo. I figure that LUGOD would be a
> good place to find someone who has one.

Best Buy stores actually have the machine on display, connected to the
Web, so you can give it a try there.  The keyboard is pretty tiny.

There are now lots of machines coming out in this category.  HP, Dell,
Acer and various others have products here.  The Acer machine is on
display, connected to the Web, at Circuit City stores.  The keyboard is
decent.

Norm