2008 Sep 15 16:22

Re: [vox] [FS] Post-move purging

Claws-mail (and Sylpheed, I believe, and of course Sylpheed-Claws) at
least has a "reply to sender" button (in addition to the normal
"reply" button).  Very nice for lists like this, it ignores the "reply-
to" field and, well, does exactly what you'd think.

I tend to agree that given the current two options, I find having the
reply field is much more intuitive than having to do a "reply all" and
send double replies to the sender.

As "the sender" I also find it annoying to check my inbox, find a
private reply, respond to it, and then find later that it was one of
those duplicated replies and I should have replied on the list. But I
don't check my lists first, I check my private mail first. I don't
automatically assume that a private message was also sent to a list.

Honestly, a smart enough client can handle this and present "reply to
list" and "reply to sender" buttons. At worst you'd have to tell it
that "this mailbox is" whichever kind of list it is, and it should be
able to take care of the rest.

MHO. YMMV. Tax and destination charges not included. Batteries not
included. Objects in mirror may be stupider than they appear. Offer
void where consumer protection statutes apply. Contents subject to
settling. Brain no work beer well without.