2008 Sep 08 17:41

Re: [vox] Lugod Website Proposal

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 11:35:52AM -0700, Beth Camero wrote:
> So create a Wordpress blog on wordpress.com, use their database, get a
> creative pre-built skin, and give people who request it editorial
> priveleges.  It's easy. It works.
> Or set up mysql on the Lugod server and add the wordpress blogging software
> locally.  Surely there is a mysql guru on this list.

The "Lugod server" is actually Rod Roark's server so it would be
up to him to setup the database, maybe he already has it running.
In any case I think we want to host as much of it ourselves as
possible. A big reason why Daviswiki was used is because its
administration and users are already part of the Davis community,
but wordpress is pretty much a random internet site. A database
is simply something else to administer and use system resources
so it needs to be considered.
Nick