2008 Sep 07 23:42

Re: [vox] Lugod Website Proposal

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 08:35:19PM -0700, Joseph arruda wrote:
> So basically you want to convert to something like Joomla or Drupal.

Honestly, I'd be more for _adding_ some wiki facilities or somesuch,
rather than switching to a whole 'nother platform.

We've got going on 10 years of categorized and archive content, and
(I think) a nice looking site (despite it's shameful[*] lack of CSS).
I'd rather the site not turn into another one of those LUG CMSes.

I'm also happy to provide web access (assuming Rod's ok with it) to
more people than just myself.  In the past, while one of us
(first Marianne Waage, then I) have always been 'webmaster,' there were other
folks (Henry House, Pete Salzman, maybe others) who were able to go in and
maintain pages about their various projects/responsibilities (LERT, treasury,
etc.).

Perhaps we can somehow turn a few pages, or parts of pages, into some kind
of Wiki somehow...

[*] These days.  I think back when CSS first came around, it required
    JavaScript in the browser, or somesuch. Laaame.