2008 Jul 24 15:52

[vox] Installfest for Schools

Title: Installfest for Schools

Hi Folks:

I'm very pleased to announce that Untangle & ACCRC have teamed up with LinuxWorld (Aug 5-7) for our second Installfest for Schools.  The first ACCRC/Untangle Installfest for Schools in March refurbished 350 Ubuntu computers for schools[1].  This time we've gotten a large booth on the expo floor and will have workstations setup for volunteers to refurbish recycled computers with Ubuntu and GnewSense.  We particularly need help with the following:

1)Installing Ubuntu and/or gNewSense
2)Hacking older hardware and identifying good/bad components

You can signup for a work station here:

http://www.untangle.com/installfest

Also, if you know of a school in need of computers that’s willing to try GNU/Linux please nominate them here:

http://www.untangle.com/index.php?option=com_collect&task=installfestNominate&Itemid=1426

And if you have an older computer that you want to donate or recycle, please bring it to LinuxWorld.  ACCRC will have a collection booth setup and can provide tax deductable receipts.  PIII and newer systems will be refurbished with Ubuntu for schools.  Older systems will be recycled properly by the ACCRC.

Lastly, we are always looking for help getting the word out.  If you want to give the event some love on your blog, Digg, StumbleUpon, Slashdot, or some crazy forum please link to the main installfest page, which is http://www.untangle.com/installfest

Thanks so much for your help!

-Andrew

P.S. The LinuxWorld Expo free if you register before the conference starts here:
https://register.rcsreg.com/regos-1.0/lnsf2008/ga/index2.html