2008 Jul 12 12:23

[vox] Iceweasel 3.0 Mailto Improvement

Iceweasel 3.0 arrived in apt yesterday, and there is an improvement in getting
Iceweasel (Firefox) to bring up an email program such as Kmail.

At first clicking on "Send Link" didn't work.  So I tried to old trick of
typing "about:config" in the URL box, and entering in the stuff we used to
have to enter to bring up Kmail.  It didn't work.

After some other failed efforts I discovered that going to
Edit->Preferences->Applications there was an entry for "Mailto."  You can
navigate from there to the location of your email program and that's all
there is to it.

This is a great improvement.  But unlike the case with Firefox in Windows,
Kmail still does not bring up the URL you're trying to send when Kmail shows
up.  Konqueror is good at this.

Bob