2008 Jul 10 18:44

[vox] [fwd] Baypiggies meets this Thursday,7/10: P2P BitTorrent Data Mining?by Niall O'Higgins [Mountain View]

Seen on PenLUG:

----- Forwarded message from jim <jim@well.com> -----

Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 06:33:08 -0700
From: jim <jim@well.com>
Subject: [PenLUG] Baypiggies meets this Thursday,
	7/10: P2P BitTorrent Data Mining	by Niall O'Higgins
To: penlug-members@penlug.org

bayPIGgies meeting Thursday 7/10:
P2P/BitTorrent data mining with Python and C
by Niall O'Higgins

The BitTorrent protocol is estimated to account for 18-35% of traffic
on the Internet. This talk will give an introduction to the protocol,
why it has been so effective compared to other P2P systems, and what
its limitations are. We will then cover what features make Python an
excellent tool to power large scale data mining and analysis of P2P
networks. Finally, we will present some results of the quantitive
analysis of BitTorrent conducted by the Peer-to-Peer Research
Institute.

http://p2presearch.com/
http://niallohiggins.com

Location: Google Campus
Building 42, the Seville room (second floor)
check in at the lobby in bldg 43

bayPIGgies meeting information:
http://baypiggies.net/new/plone

* Please sign up in advance to have your google access badge ready:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BayPiggiesGoogleMeetings
(no later than close of business on Wednesday.)

Agenda

..... 7:30 PM ...........................
General hubbub, inventory end-of-meeting announcements,
any first-minute announcements.

..... 7:35 PM to 8:45 PM ................

The Talk

..... 8:45 PM to 9:00 PM or After The Talk ................
Mapping and Random Access

Mapping is a rapid-fire audience announcement of topics
the announcers are interested in.

Random Access follows immediately to allow follow up
individually on the announcements and other topics of
interest.

..... Thursday, August 14 ................
7:30 PM BayPIGgies Steven Knight on SCons

----- End forwarded message -----