2008 Jul 07 19:22

Re: [vox] Help with Wireless for laptop

There is a good chance that you will have to use ndiswrapper. If you
have a broadcom chip, then likely it is supported.  Or, the intel chip
like the Intel 3945ABG. What does lspci -v say?

But I am willing to bet that your system won't have a supported
chipset. So, you need ndiswrapper.

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/ which seems to be not functioning at
the moment.

This is why I bought my Dell 1420n. But one of the guys at the Lugod
meetup last week said that the prebuilt linux laptophe bought supports
n. It is from another linux laptop builder. I forget the name.

http://www.linuxwireless.org/

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 04:16:42AM +0000, clownsinc@comcast.net wrote:
> Anyone able to help me with setting up my wireless on my laptop. I have not done anything with Linux for a while, but finally am able to set it up on my laptop.
> it is an HP Pavilion dv5040us I am getting a bit frustrated with it though. Using Ubuntu Linux.
> Rusty

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/