2008 Jul 04 09:39

[vox] [fwd] July 8th NBLUG Talk: Introduction to the HaikuOperating System [Sebastopol]

[vox] [fwd] July 8th NBLUG Talk: Introduction to the HaikuOperating System [Sebastopol]

FYI:

----- Forwarded message from scott mc <scottmc2@gmail.com> -----

At the July 8th NBLUG meeting we will be giving a talk on Haiku.
Time 7:30PM, at the usual NBLUG meeting place,
see http://nblug.org/locations for details.

Brief background:

Haiku is an open source operating system inspired by the BeOS that is
specifically focused on personal computing. The intent of this
presentation is to give a general introduction to both the Haiku
project and operating system. The talk will cover among other things
the history of the project, some of its most important milestones,
recent developments, the code base, as well as the global community
that supports it. We will also introduce some of the aspects that make
the Haiku operating system unique both from a technical as well as end
user perspective. We will wrap up the talk with an interactive live
demo/QA session.

Speakers: Jorge G. Mare, Scott McCreary & (possibly?) Urias McCullough
Haiku Project website: www.haiku-os.org

-scottmc

----- End forwarded message -----