2008 Jun 17 17:00

[vox] Andrew Morton @ BALUG (New Date = 6/24)

Title: Andrew Morton @ BALUG (New Date = 6/24)

Howdy Folks:

BALUG is very proud to host Andrew Morton as our speaker on Tuesday, June 24th.  (PLEASE NOTE: this is not our regular meeting date... There will be NO MEETING on the 3rd Tuesday)  Andrew Morton is a lead linux kernel developer and a key kernel maintainer.  Andrew Morton is curious what you want to hear him speak about, so please let us know if you have any questions for him.  More on Andrew Morton here:

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Morton_(computer_programmer)

If you'd like to come, please RSVP:

  RSVP@balug.org

===Why RSVP?===

RSVPs are really important to BALUG, but don't worry we won't turn you away if you forget or decide to come last minute.  However, if we don't have enough RSVPs by the Friday before the meeting, we won't be able to eat buffet style in the private banquet room upstairs.  It’s a much nicer meeting to have the upstairs banquet room, so please RSVP early... Why not now?

Meeting Details...

  6:30pm
  June 24th, 2008 (Tuesday)

  Four Seas Restaurant
  731 Grant Ave.
  San Francisco, CA 94108
  Easy $5 Parking:  http://www.portsmouthsquaregarage.com/

Cost = $13 for dinner, but the meeting itself is free

Upcoming 2008 speakers include:

  July - Mike Linksyaver (Creative Commons)
  Aug  - TBD
  Sept - Ian Murdock (Debian & Sun)

Signup for BALUG's extremely low volume announce list:

About BALUG:
BALUG is lively gathering of Linux users & free software enthusiasts that combines great food, community & intimate access to featured speakers.  We meet in the bar of the Four Seas Restaurant from 6:30pm.  At 7pm, we share a family-style Chinese dinner, which is followed by our guest speaker.

BALUG Mailing list Policy:
BALUG promises not to abuse other LUGs mailing lists.  Our current policy is to make one monthly announcement on other Bay Area LUGs mailing lists.  On high volume lists, we may also post a reminder.  If you feel this is not appropriate for a particular list, please tell us which list and what you feel would be a more appropriate policy for that list.  We are very open to this feedback.  Please send feedback to balug-contact@balug.org.

--
Andrew Fife
Untangle - The Open Source Network Gateway

650.425.3327 desk
415.806.6028 cell