2008 May 28 21:07

Re: [vox] Laptop recommendation

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 03:40:19PM -0700, Marianne Waage wrote:
> However, desktops have "we'll send a technician to fix it" warranty
> while laptops have "send it to us and we'll fix it" warranty. That
> might make some difference in experience... Maybe.

Well, FWIW, I've had a Dell Latitude D620 laptop from my current job for
over a year now, and it's been flawless with Ubuntu (except I never fejiggled
the wireless to work, which was fine... I was usually either somewhere
with wired network (home or office), or somewhere with NO network, and used
the Sprint cellular modem they gave me).