2008 May 28 18:05

Re: [vox] Laptop recommendation

I've heard a lot of bad things about non-enterprise customer support
from Dell. Maybe you've heard more recent information that they've
improved, but personally my inclination is to stay away from Dell.

MHO, and based on hearsay. YMMV.

I should add parenthetically that my own recent experience with a Dell
at work was mostly good. The system performed well, was reasonably
easy to get into and update the drives. OTOH the case rattled
annoyingly. I replaced the DVD burner when it stopped reliably burning
CDs. And I never called tech support, so I can't back up my statements
above with any personal experience.