2008 May 28 17:59

Re: [vox] Laptop recommendation

Understandable, though I've definitely had better support from
System76 (http://system76.com/index.php?cPath=28) then from HP, which
was a nightmare (had a faulty graphics card and had the machine
shipped back and forth 3 times before they replaced the whole
computer, not to mention the hours on hold with people who made me do
the same reformatting song and dance every time.  Admittedly it was
made worse by the fact that they didn't support linux).  I've had
excellent support from system76 that is both rapid and knowledgeable,
an experienced reflected by many other customers:

While I'm sure that Dell will be a solid buy, my reason for going to a
smaller company was precisely to get better support, a conviction I
got from reading the views of other customers and which has proven
true for me.

-Carl