2008 May 28 18:04

[vox] Fwd: Re: Laptop recommendation

Carl posted from a non-subscribed address, so fwd'ing on his behalf:

Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 13:42:39 -0700
From: "Carl Boettiger" <cboettig@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [vox] Laptop recommendation

I've had great success with my laptop with ubuntu preisntalled from
system76, http://system76.com/.  Everything works out of the box, from
wireless to suspend and hibernate, and its nice to support a linux
only company.  They've also provided great support -- if I don't know
how to configure something I just email or call and get a quick
response with GUI-based directions for my particular machine and
distribution.  They have their own section on ubuntuforums and the
community is full of praise for them.  Certainly worth checking out.

-Carl

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/