2008 May 25 14:23

Re: [vox] Laptop recommendation

Seth Nagao wrote:
> Work won't let me experiment with a newer Thinkpad in my posession, but I think they generally have decent linux support.

I have had success installing ubuntu to an external usb western digital
hard drive. Depending on the bios, you can select the boot drive by
pressing a key (F12 on my dell laptop) on boot. No modifications
necessary at all to the laptop.

Orson

--
I like an escalator because an escalator can never break,
it can only become stairs. There would never be an escalator