January 6: Social gathering
2008 May 26 16:36

Re: [vox] Laptop recommendation

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> My current job spoiled me by providing a laptop.
> I'll soon be starting a new job, and decided a laptop would be nice to have.
> I'll be doing web application development, so horsepower and graphics
> capabilities are less important than ease-of-installation and -maintenance
> with Linux (I favor Kubuntu flavor of Ubuntu, these days).
>
> Where to start? :)  One issue w/ my last laptop was wireless support. :^P

	I got my new laptop from Dell. It is one of the new Ubuntu Dell
	laptop an Ispiron 1420N. It comes with Ubuntu already tested and
	installed. Depending on what you specified you can have a very
	nice system with lots of horsepower.

	Once you receive it you can put KDE on it if you like.

	I also know Brian has the same laptop with a bit different
	configuration. From what he said he also enjoys his.

								Tony