January 6: Social gathering
2008 May 11 21:40

Re: [vox] Need to use a computer running Linux for 1-2 hours

Re: [vox] Need to use a computer running Linux for 1-2 hours

What are the other students in her class doing? Why
doesn't the instructor have a machine set up for them
to take turns on? Seems like he could have dug up an
old Pentium II and thrown on a copy of Fedora or
whatnot...

And what does the use of Linux root commands (like
groupadd) have to do with getting an N+ - isn't that
OS independent? It seems like - at most - the
instructor might say, "Configure TCP/IP on a variety
of operating systems, including Linux." The whole
request seems a little strange.

Nonetheless, the live CD idea seems as good as any.
(Wish I were within commute distance of Yuba...I
attended there for 3 years in the early 90s...and am
now studying for my N+ on my own.)

Matt