2008 Mar 23 11:05

Re: [vox] [LUGOD] Library

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 03:40:40PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 06:39:55PM -0700, Jim Lowman wrote:
> > It might take someone two or three evenings to look each book up
> > by ISBN on Amazon.com to see what they'd be worth.
>
> A shame we don't have some kind of scripting tools and command-line
> ways of doing web access. ;)

Supposedly Amazon has an API, but I don't know what it lets you do.
Anyway, I'd prefer not to sell them on Amazon so that they stay in this
area. I think arranging shipping would make things more complicated and
it would be nice to make a social connection with whoever might be
interested in the stuff.

Besides giving the books to a library or away at a meeting, how about a
swap meet at the Veterans Memorial Center parking lot? Lugod previously
had a sort of swap meet but it was at someones garage in South Davis so
it wasn't as accessible to people outside of the club. At the VMC, we
might be able to have people from other groups too, like the Yolo
Amateur Radio Society, the Davis Macintosh Users Group, and I don't know
what else.
Nick Schmalenberger