2008 Mar 21 19:16

Re: [vox] Fwd: Internet Services In Davis

Re: [vox] Fwd: Internet Services In Davis

He raises a good point about the capping of filesharing type stuff. Though I only have ~40k up, I run a home webserver (on top of linux iso distribution), and messing with the torrents would be annoying, say nothing of actually haveing enough bandwidth for the server :P

Last I saw the official att rate for residential 3.0ish line was 30-35, may be higher/lower now.

I am considering moving to sonic if at&t tries to test their network filtering(such as comcast did( the bittorrent rst packet snafu with sandvine)). Their PR guy said earlier this year in a speach that they were going to do internal mini tests of the filtering, to see if any of it was feasable at a whole-network scale. If they decide it is, I'll be finding a new ISP :D

-Jacob T.