2008 Feb 28 09:05

Re: [vox] [OT] Walking papers

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:18:52AM -0800, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
> Well, I've just been laid off (as of the 12th of March). *sigh*
> Anybody need an embedded systems software engineer?

Sorry to hear it.  There are a couple of embedded Linux jobs posted
up here, though they're from a few months back, so I'm not sure if they've
been filled:

  http://www.lugod.org/jobs/

A quick poke at the various other job sites that that page points to
came up with these, in the Sacramento area:

  Embedded Linux Senior Software Engineer: Koa Networks
  http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-JNNT2KSXSBF;_ylt=Ao8IpjYPF7KcVeOShWgGzUX6Q6IX

  Software Design Engineer V
  http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?op=302&dockey=xml/e/d/ed5e1918ed0726a29def8eb4e494a6e0@endecaindex&source=19&FREE_TEXT=linux+sacramento&rating=99

  Software Design Engineer V  (maybe the same, again?)
  http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?op=302&dockey=xml/3/2/32d6f6f30843a55fc301734226a2776b@endecaindex&source=19&FREE_TEXT=linux+sacramento&rating=99

  Embedded Software Architect - Storage Applications: Intelligent Technology Solutions
  http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-JZ92CT5GKQX;_ylt=AqkNrIgDoZO8j4jmeJxquXb6Q6IX

  Senior Embedded Software Engineer @ Barco
  http://jobview.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=68547874&JobTitle=Senior+Embedded+Software+Engineer&q=linux&lid=352&cy=us&vw=b&AVSDM=2008-02-13+19%3a26%3a00&pg=1&seq=11

  SR or Lead Firmware Development Engineer - Storage/SAN experience
  http://jobview.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=68474180&JobTitle=SR+or+Lead+Firmware+Development+Engineer+-+Storage%2fSAN+experience&q=linux&lid=352&cy=us&vw=b&AVSDM=2008-02-27+18%3a01%3a00&pg=1&seq=13

And Craigslist had this... it's in San Jose, though.
Not sure why it's listed on Sacramento Craigslist. >:^(

  Architect, Smartphone Development
  http://sacramento.craigslist.org/sad/574652538.html

Hope some of that's useful!  (Wow, there's a lot more than just
database stuff going on out these parts than I thought! :^D )

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/