January 6: Social gathering
2008 Feb 27 22:07

[vox] Donating 500 F/OSS Computers to Schools... SATURDAY!! (Pizza& Schwag from Mozilla!!)

[vox] Donating 500 F/OSS Computers to Schools... SATURDAY!! (Pizza& Schwag from Mozilla!!)

We're trying to donate 500 Ubuntu computers to Bay Area schools this
SATURDAY... and we need your help!

Can you lend a hand by volunteering to install Ubuntu?  Signup to
volunteer at one of the four locations (San Francisco, San Mateo, Berkeley
or Novato) here:

  http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Installfest

Untangle and the ACCRC refurbishing hundreds of older/discarded computers
that the ACCRC has collected with Ubuntu and donating them to Northern
California schools.  We need support from the F/OSS community to help with
the installs.  We have automated as much of the install as possible so
anyone can help regardless of their experience level. Of course we'll get
error messages so we need gurus also!  ...And the Mozilla Foundation is
bringing pizza & schwag to each location!  Thanks Mozilla!

Installfest for Schools homepage:

  http://www.untangle.com/installfest

Can't make the installfest but still want to help????  Help get the word
out by blogging about it, Digg it or Slashdot it:

http://slashdot.org/bookmark.pl?url=http://www.untangle.com/installfest

http://www.digg.com/submit?url=http://www.untangle.com/installfest&phase=2

Why the event is cool:

  -Helps spread F/OSS (Ubuntu, Firefox, OpenOffice & more)

  -Helps bridges the Digital Divide with underprivileged users

  -Keeps toxic computer equipment out of landfills (Aprox 25,000 pounds)

  -Is a cool community effort

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Andrew

Andrew Fife