2008 Feb 16 14:56

[vox] Massive Ubuntu Installfest for Schools (March 1st)

[vox] Massive Ubuntu Installfest for Schools (March 1st)

On Saturday March 1st, Untangle and the ACCRC are organizing a massive
installfest for Bay Area schools.  We are refurbishing hundreds of
older/discarded computers with Ubuntu and donating them to Bay Area
schools.  We need your help from Linux users installing Ubuntu at the 4
locations, which are San Francisco, Berkeley, San Mateo & Marin County.

Signup sheets for each location are here:

  http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Installfest

If you can make the installfest, you can still help by driving
participation by blogging about the event or voting for it on Digg or
Slashdot.

http://slashdot.org/bookmark.pl?url=http://www.untangle.com/installfest

http://www.digg.com/submit?url=http://www.untangle.com/installfest&phase=2

More info on the installfest here:

  www.untangle.com/installfest

Why the event is cool:

  Helps spread F/OSS (Ubuntu, Firefox, OpenOffice & more)

  Helps bridges the Digital Divide with underprivileged users

  Keeps toxic computer equipment out of landfills (Aprox 25,000 pounds)

  Is a cool community effort

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Andrew

Andrew Fife