2008 Jan 04 07:28

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Call for speakers for 2008 Linux Users'Group of Davis meetings

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 05:22:11PM -0800, Wes Hardaker wrote:
> I am more than happy to speak on anything that I'm somewhat
> knowledgeable about if you wish at some point.

That'd be excellent, thanks so much, Wes!

>  Let me know if you need speakers at some point and think any of the
> topics below are even remotely interesting to the people that
> attend:
>
> The topic areas I can probably cover rather well:
>
>   - mythtv        (recently installed)
>   - geocaching    (I started one of the software packages for linux)

These two have already piqued folks' interests.  Would you be interested
in giving either a full-length- or mini-presentation on either, or both
of these?

>   - snmp / network management  (I started Net-SNMP)
>   - DNS & DNSSEC  (I started the DNSSEC-Tools project)
>   - The IETF      (I've been involved with it for years)

These could be good, too.  What do other folks think?

>   - Successful open source projects (I've had successes and failures)

When you mention this, I think Sameer Verma over at SFSU might be interested
in having you come by, since he teaches a class on OSS.  (I spoke to his
students there one semester, about the Tux Paint project.)

Thanks again, and let me know when you're available! :)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/