[vox] LUGOD's lending library: call for vote to dissolve

[vox] LUGOD's lending library: call for vote to dissolve

LUGOD's lending library has been fairly underutilized for a while,
and at the past few meetings, we've discussed the possibility of donating
our collection of Linux- and Open-Source-related books to the Davis branch
of the Yolo County Public Library.  (Davis Library is where we typically meet,
and a majority of the time it has not cost us anything, so I think they're
well deserving.)

As a benefit to us, it would be possible to get "Donated by LUGOD" faceplates
in the covers of the books.

For those interested, you can learn about our Lending Library here:

  http://www.lugod.org/library/

It is currently held at the business office of Henry House (long-time
LUGOD librarian and our current president ('root' of LUGOD)).

I believe Nick Schmalenberger said he spoke with someone at the Library, and
they suggested we donate 3 (?) books to start, and see how well they do.
(I assume that means: whether they get borrowed.)

Aside from it being polite to poll the membership on this idea, we actually
do need to make a change to our Bylaws, which mention the library specifically.

  http://www.lugod.org/objectives/bylaws.html

(Article I, Section 2.vi: "The Librarian is responsible for..." and
the entirety of Article VI: "The Library (/usr/lib)")

So, per our procedures, I call that we take a vote regarding this at our
next general meeting (December 17th).  Unless I'm mistaken, not much has
been discussed regarding this (aside from what I've stated above) since this
idea was first brought up in August.

Thanks!

-bill!
sys@lugod.org