2007 Nov 21 17:51

[vox] Tux Paint 0.9.18 source released!

Tux Paint is an open source drawing program for young children available
for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and more.  I've just released the source for
version 0.9.18 (with Fedora RPM packages and Windows and OS X builds to
follow soon), which adds some cool new features:

  * Pick from over 50,000 colors using a new color chooser pop-up
  * "Magic" tools (blur, grass, rainbow, etc.) are now plug-in based,
    and loaded at runtime
  * You can write your own new "Magic" tools, and test them quickly and easily!
  * A dozen new "Magic" tools have been added, including a calligraphy pen,
    water drops, foaming bubbles...
  * The Pango library is now used to render the UI text, improving support
    for complex languages like Arabic
  * Some new translations, a new Input Method, new brushes and stamps, bugfixes
    and plenty more...

A press release is available here:
  http://www.lugod.org/documents/objectives/

And the source can be downloaded from SourceForge.net, via this page:
  http://www.lugod.org/documents/objectives/

Enjoy, and tell me what you think!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/