2007 Nov 11 19:56

[vox] Re: $200 Ubuntu Linux PC at Wal-Mart

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 01:31:31PM -0800, Scot A wrote:
> Hey gang!
> Check this out!
>
> $200.00 Ubuntu Linux PC at Wal-Mart
> http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/10/200-everex-gree.html

Neat.  Just skimmed it, but it's cool that it's green (low-power CPU, etc.)
I payed $180 for my PC, and shoved a GB of RAM in it, for a total of $315
at Fry's.  That was w/o monitor, but with keybd, mouse and speakers.
It came with Linspire.  And it's not nearly as 'green' as this box. :)

PS - Scot, when starting new topicx, it's preferable that you:

(1) Post a new message the list, don't reply to an existing message
    (otherwise they'll appear as part of an existing, unrelated 'thread'
    of messages in people's mail clients, as well as in the list archives
    on the web)

(2) Make sure the Subject of your message is related to the topic at hand.
    (The Wal-Mart PC has nothing to do with "LUGOD's twin website"!)
    (a) It's confusing
    (b) If people don't care about LUGOD's twin website, in this case,
        they may just delete your post about the Wal-Mart PC, and completely
        miss it!  Notice I changed the subject line when I replied. :^)

Thx!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/