2007 Oct 25 10:58

[vox] Vista Stability

Almost two years ago I had a chance to buy Windows XP for only $30 with the
rebate.  I put it on my business computer to replace Windows 98, and it has
been the first stable Microsoft OS since I was running Windowsless-DOS.  It's
slower and rougher than Linux, but it saves time in that it doesn't crash.

A few months ago my wife got a new computer with Vista on it.  Putting aside
the problem of the irritating security features that require you to keep
clicking to get where you want, it is unbelievably unstable.  I was not
expecting Microsoft to actually go backward in the area of stability.

I have been looking forward to getting  Service Pack 1 in hopes that it would
make Vista more stable.  But they keep pushing back the release date for the
big fix.

Fairly recently I bought a business laptop and had a choice between XP and
Vista.  I am really glad I chose XP.  (And the LUGOD Installfest put Kubuntu
on it.)

Bob