2007 Sep 25 14:42

Re: [vox] Connecting to a 'headless' Windows box (Was re: OLPC XO("$100 laptop") available to public)

Re: [vox] Connecting to a 'headless' Windows box (Was re: OLPC XO("$100 laptop") available to public)

I've had the same experience with VNC on Windows. I've seen some companies use Citrix or Microsoft Terminal Server to run a multi-user Windows box and then run VNC on several logged in users (started via Microsoft's Remote Desktop application). Once started, the VNC- enabled sessions are available to other platforms.

Another solution could be to run Windows under some virtualization software like QEMU or VMware on a Linux box and then use VNC to get to those sessions.

- Harold