2007 Sep 25 22:24

[vox] Article: "One school district answers Microsoft's pricingwith open source" (CNet Blog, 2007-09-24)

[vox] Article: "One school district answers Microsoft's pricingwith open source" (CNet Blog, 2007-09-24)

One school district answers Microsoft's pricing with open source
http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9783321-16.html
2007-09-24

  What if your local school district had to choose between Microsoft
  software licenses or education for your children? This isn't far off
  from the choice Windsor Unified School District in California recently
  faced, as LinuxWorld Magazine details.

  Facing a $100,000 price tag from Microsoft (half the district's IT
  budget) and another $200,000 for security software from Trend Micro,
  the district's new IT administrator turned to open source

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/