2007 Sep 25 01:21

Re: [vox] OLPC XO ("$100 laptop") available to public

Re: [vox] OLPC XO ("$100 laptop") available to public

Bill,
Thank you for the info!
I think that in maybe 2-3 years,
those same units may cost 50.00.
I will just wait!  In the meanwhile,
can I trouble you for technical help?
Now that I have this unit,
I want to connect it to a windows box
that does not presently have a monitor
or keyboard connected to it.
Just how the heck would I do that?
Namaste'
Scot

On 9/24/07, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

BBC News tells me:

  Computer enthusiasts in the developed world will soon be able to get
  their hands on the so-called "$100 laptop".

  The organisation behind the project has launched the "give one, get one"
  scheme that will allow US residents to purchase two laptops for $399.

  One laptop will be sent to the buyer whilst a child in the
  developing world will receive the second machine.

  The G1G1 scheme, as it is known, will offer the laptops for just two
  weeks, starting on the 12 November.

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/

Thanks for your support!