2007 Sep 25 00:29

[vox] OLPC XO ("$100 laptop") available to public

[vox] OLPC XO ("$100 laptop") available to public

BBC News tells me:

  Computer enthusiasts in the developed world will soon be able to get
  their hands on the so-called "$100 laptop".

  The organisation behind the project has launched the "give one, get one"
  scheme that will allow US residents to purchase two laptops for $399.

  One laptop will be sent to the buyer whilst a child in the
  developing world will receive the second machine.

  The G1G1 scheme, as it is known, will offer the laptops for just two
  weeks, starting on the 12 November.

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/