2007 Sep 13 07:37

[vox] Build your own handheld Linux gaming system for ~$350 :)

[vox] Build your own handheld Linux gaming system for ~$350 :)

I just saw this news over at LinuxDevices.com:

  ("DIY remote control, gaming console runs Linux", Sept. 10, 2007)

The "Portable Computing Cog (PC Cog)" is $200 expansion to a single board
computer system (SBC) called the "VC21" from a Canadian company called
Virtual Cogs:

  http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6964826548.html
  ("Tiny, modular Linux system targets embedded apps", June 13, 2007)

The PC Cog add-on adds an LCD module, battery, charger, joysticks and buttons,
and audio I/O.

Interesting, news has recently arisen of an attempt to make a
community-designed competitor to the GamePark GP2X Linux-based handheld
game system:

  http://www.linuxgames.com/news/feedback.php?identiferID=9525&action=flatview
  ("Community-Developed GP2X Competitor?", Sept. 10, 2007)

Hrmm... :)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/