2007 Sep 11 20:31

[vox] IBM joins OpenOffice.org

Seen on DesktopLinux.com:

"IBM joined OpenOffice.org on Sept.10, and the company is bringing its
programming muscle with it to improve the popular open-source office
suite.

While IBM has long used OpenOffice.org code, licensed under the LGPL
(Lesser GPL), in its own programs, such as the groupware program Lotus
Notes 8, this has been IBM's own fork of the code. Starting now, IBM
is directing its OpenOffice development efforts--involving about three
dozen programmers--to the public, open-source OpenOffice suite. "

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/