2007 Aug 30 12:10

Re: [vox] Improving Programming Skills

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Richard S. Crawford wrote:

I'm a pretty decent PHP programmer; about 90% of my job consists of

So does anyone have any suggestions for how I can bring my PHP programming
skills up to the next level?  Almost all of the books I've looked at and
It sounds like you might be looking for PHP + XXXXXX?
But that might be my own prejudice (Ive always been against hiring an expert in one thing over someone who has good basis in multiples).

If so, then what comes to my mind are things like SQL, XML, Graphics (down to things like the guts of formats and how to manipulate them).

ImageMagick is a really big area with lots of possibilities. Lots of big name sites are using it for very fancy purposes but arent sharing the info much so it tends to need a heavy understanding of prgoramming and graphics together to do anything.

If, on the other hand, you were looking specifically for things along "PHP: from Expert moving up to Guru" then Im afraid that I have nothing.

Gandalf Parker