2007 Aug 30 11:36

Re: [vox] HSC is closing!

Hey,

Just saw this.

A co-op electronics hobbiest store? I can't tell you how wonderful
that sounds. I can imagine that I and many other people will be more then willing to give supplies, time, and money if HSC becomes a not-for-profit community run, community driven enterprise.

With addition to being a store, it could also facilitate activities such as being a venue for LUG meetings or activities (if so inclined). Also, community driven products like Ubuntu could quite possibly be found there.

I also envision the potential of free workshops in hobbiest electronics being run by people that have an itching to teach. I can even think of a few qualified candidates that could do the activity.

I even have ideas on how to make such events economically viable and sustainable in perpetuity. The monopoly practically guarantees that HSC will be the supplier if you integrate a requirement (say a protoboard or a multimeter) into the event.

~chris.