January 6: Social gathering
2007 Aug 10 23:24

[vox] Re: [vox-announce] Annc: User-Group Booth at LinuxWorld Conf& Expo this week (#644)

[vox] Re: [vox-announce] Annc: User-Group Booth at LinuxWorld Conf& Expo this week (#644)

I am going tomorrow, so if someone wants to carpool, let me know. I might
be staying into the evening (7pm or so). The train also heads back, so if
you want to leave early and then ride back on the train, that's an option.

brian

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 04:30:39PM -0700, nbs wrote:
> As you probably know, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo [1] takes this week at
> Moscone Center in San Francisco.  IDG has been kind enough to provide a free
> booth for Bay Area User Groups. [2]
>
> Members of the following organizations have volunteered to represent their
> group during the 3-day-long Expo:
>
>   * Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD)
>   * San Francisco Linux Users Group (SF-LUG)
>   * Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG; also in SF)
>   * Sillicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Interest Group (bayPIGgies)
>   * San Francisco Bay Area Plone User Group (PloneLounge)
>   * Consortium of All Bay Area Linux (CABAL)
>
> On behalf of these groups [3], I'd like to invite those of you attending LWCE
> this year to drop by the booth and say 'hi'.
>
> If you have friends and colleagues attending LWCE, and would like to
> introduce them to the User Group scene, please send them our way!
>
> And finally, if you'd like to throw some of your time at the booth as a
> volunteer, please let Jim Stockford or I know! [4]
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Bill Kendrick
> pr@lugod.org
> Public Relations Officer
> Linux Users' Group of Davis
> http://www.lugod.org/
>

> [1] http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/
>
> [2] The "LUGS" booth is #644.  Note that is NOT in the ".org Pavillion"
>     this year.  This year's LWCE Exhibit Hall floor plan is available online:
>     http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/dev/images/other/Website_NGDC_&_LWSFO7.pdf
>
> [3] I'm Public Relations officer and Vice President of LUGOD in Davis.
>     Together with Briana Pontremoli from IDG and Jim Stockford from SF-LUG,
>     I've been helping keep track of volunteers and scheduling for this booth.
>     ( http://www.lugod.org/projects/lwe/ )
>
> [4] Jim: jim@well.com
>     Me: nbs@sonic.net
>
> (Your address: vox-announce@lists.lugod.org )