2007 Jun 22 17:09

Re: [vox] Dell asks: What Linux do you want?

Re: [vox] Dell asks: What Linux do you want?

Dell has this laptop preloaded with Ubuntu.

Inspiron E1505 N

For some reason, they don't list the specs for the laptop, but they are
the same as the

Inspiron E1505

And here is someone who bought one and tested it!
http://gauss.cs.ucsb.edu/~vik/2007/DELL-sparrow/

Now if they only put a Intel-VT processor in it!!! Then we could run
everything!

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 02:43:52PM -0700, David T. Harris wrote:

> --- Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
>

> > What flavor Linux do Dell users want?
> > http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS2808195252.html
> >
> > Mar. 13, 2007, DesktopLinux.com
> >
> >   "In a new survey launched yesterday, Dell is
> > asking its customers
> >   exactly what they want from a Linux desktop. Why?
> > Because, it appears,
> >   they're going to make one."
> >

> > Direct link to the survey:
> >
> >   "Listening Linux Learnings: We're Listening"
> >

> http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/corp/linux?s=corp
> >

> > Alienware has a survey about Linux on their systems,
> > too.  A trend? :^)
> >

> http://www.alienware.com/Surveys/AlienSurvey.aspx?Id=29607129825
>
> Actually it's not that surprising, since after I
> forwarded the survey post that you forwarded to vox,
> a few people told me that Alienware has been bought by
> Dell.

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/