2007 May 30 15:56

[vox] [fwd] SVLUG General Meeting on June 6th: Vyatta NetworkingTechnology

FYI:

----- Forwarded message from Mark Weisler -----

Join the Silicon Valley Linux Users Group (SVLUG) this coming Wednesday
to learn about Vyatta, an open-source networking company offering router and
firewall technology and services. http://vyatta.com/

WHEN:
 Wednesday, June 6, 2007
  7pm-9pm

MAIN PRESENTATION:

  TOPIC:Chief Technology Officer
The topic will be "Introduction to the Vyatta Open Source Router".
It will cover why Vyatta was created, what services the community has
access to, and an introduction to building routers and third party
integration.

  PRESENTED BY:
  Robert Bays, Chief Technology Officer

   ABOUT THE PRESENTER:

Robert has been working in the networking industry since 1994. Prior to
joining Vyatta he was the CTO at InfiniRoute Networks providing
optimized long haul VoIP transit to international long distance
providers. InfiniRoute was the genesis of a merger with his previous
company, Proficient Networks, where he was a co-founder and held the
role of Chief Scientist designing Internet route optimization
technology. Before joining Proficient Robert held Senior Network
Engineering roles at Telegis and Digital Island.

   NIFTY OF THE MONTH:        To be announced.

   LOCATION:
      Symantec  (formerly Veritas Software Corp.)
      VCAFE Facility
      350 Ellis Street  (near E. Middlefield Road)
      Mountain View, CA 94043

  TIP: A good way to prepare for the meeting is to look at the Vyatta news at
http://vyatta.com/. They have a lot going on.

      http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.shtml

 If you have any improvements to make,
 please let SVLUG's volunteers know!
 webmaster {at} svlug -dot- org

POST-MEETING GATHERING:

 restaurant/diner after the meeting.  We'll announce the restaurant
 selection at the meeting.

We look forward to seeing you there!
--
Mark Weisler