2007 Mar 29 13:37

Re: [vox] Extremely low meeting attendance!

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 05:15:59PM -0700, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> Anyway, those are a few of my thoughts.  I am sure LUGOD would have
> ceased to exist altogether without you, Bill!  Now it lives on mostly
> due to your efforts in maintaining group services online, which I
> continue to use regularly.

Thanks for that.  For what it's worth, my wife Melissa and I are planning
on returning to Davis later this year, if all goes by plan.

I'll be working part-time in the Bay Area still, at my current job,
and telecommuting from Davis the rest of the time.  So I'll be able to
participate a lot more hands-on.  Still will be busy with a full-time job,
some commuting, and a new baby, though, so don't expect _too_ much. :)

> I really can't think of any advice to turn
> meeting attendance around.  Perhaps they should go entirely to a social
> format until more serious interest breaks out.

I'm wondering how much more we should do in terms of easier topics.
As you said, most of the topics are more engineering-relate.  But that
was always our main draw.  So much so, that we relegated the "basics"
stuff to our other events -- demos, classes, etc.

Sure, Linux is easy to install, but it's still a Brave New World.
And things will always change.  KDE 4 will be coming out down the road, and it
will have a load of new, and changed, features to talk about, for example...