2007 Mar 29 13:37

Re: [vox] Extremely low meeting attendance!

Re: [vox] Extremely low meeting attendance!

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
meetings. Perhaps, also, attendance is partly related to big improvements in Linux distributions. Now just about anybody can get Linux running without help from a local group.
I could chime in quite abit also. I was a 4 term president of the Solano PC Users Group when it died. I also see some of the same trends in online communities.

There is a long term correlation (believe me, there have been studies) between support groups and good documentation. Its unfortunate that one of the prime purposes of a support group is to provide good documentation which causes its own demise.

Its hard to find things for a user group that cant be gotten easier online. Specific walk-thru help comes to mind.

Gandalf Parker