2007 Mar 13 20:19

Re: [vox] Fwd: Relocating to Davis....

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 11:03:06AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I have some various questions not only about net
> access, but also where to live.  Among other things, I
> want to be able to work on my Mustangs without being
> hassled by an apt. manager (they're bad about that in
> FL).

When I lived in Davis, I moved every single year, and every apartment to
my recollection had "no working on cars in the parking lot" rule.

As for Internet access, I think there's both DSL and cable available in
all of Davis now.  Greystone apartments was known as the apartment with
T1 connection included in the rent, but it had a pretty bad rep because
of all the bandwidth abuse that slowed everyone else down, lack of
security that allowed everyone to see everyone else's SMB shares, and
the rules against running servers IIRC.  I'm not sure how they are now
these days.  There was another apartment complex that got T1 connection
towards the end of my years in Davis - Lakeshore or Lakeside or
something or rather.  Not sure about its reps at the time, though, and
certainly not now.

-Mark