2007 Mar 13 12:44

[vox] Linux/Unix Summer Work?

You know, I should probably post to the LUGOD mailing list more often, but I doubt that everyone here wants to listen to my trials and tribulations with Mathematics and Japanese. *grin*

Anyway, I'm going to be spending next year studying in Japan, partially as preparation for my applications for doctoral studies in computer science, and before I go, I'd like to find some summer contracting and/or intern work as a back-end programmer or systems administrator. Frederick P. Brooks would classify me as a 'tool maker', and so most of my work has been with C, Perl, and now Ruby (because of its Perl-like nature).

So, does anyone know of any good resources for finding summer work where I can apply my experience, skills, and general tenacity? *grin*