2007 Mar 13 11:24

Fwd: Re: [vox] re: linux recommendation

Zach posted this (sorry, over a week ago!) from a non-subscribed address.
Fwding to the list for him.

Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:32:09 -0800
From: Zachariah Johnson <zjohnson@itd.ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: [vox] re: linux recommendation

Rod Roark wrote:
>On Monday 05 March 2007 18:45, Cylar Z wrote:
>
>>I was wondering - why didn't anyone mention Fedora
>>Core from Red Hat?
>>

>Isn't FC a "test bed" distribution -- and with a relatively short
>support cycle?  Whereas desktop Ubuntu gets updates for 18 months or
>3 years, depending on the version.
>
>Rod

Yeah, Redhat sort of blew it with FC, they had a good hold on the Linux
Desktop Market, but are losing it if they have not already.

By far my favorite dist is Ubuntu right now.  Kbuntu is nice if you're
down with KDE.

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/