2007 Mar 13 11:03

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Linux Installfest workshop in Davis- Saturday, March 31st

Jimbo wrote:
Will there be internet access?
yes
 Wireless?
Can be arranged.

~chris.

Jimbo

----- Original Message ----- From: "nbs" <nbs@sonic.net>
To: <vox-announce@lists.lugod.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:51 PM
Subject: [vox-announce] Linux Installfest workshop in Davis - Saturday,March 31st

The Linux Users' Group of Davis will be holding a free "Linux Installfest"
workshop in Davis, California:

When:
Saturday, March 31st, 2007
10:00am - 6:00pm

Where:
John D. Kemper Hall of Engineering
Room 1131
1228 Bainer Hall Drive
UC Davis
Davis, California

What:
Linux is a completely free, 'open source' operating system that can run
on a wide variety of computer hardware. It can act as a web-, file-,
print- or game-server, run in a 'cluster' of computers to do 3D rendering
or other intense math, or sit under your TV and record your favorite shows
for later viewing. Many people use it as an inexpensive, stable,
virus- and spyware-free alternative to commercial software, such as
Microsoft Windows. It can be installed over, or alongside, Windows or
Mac OS X.

Members of the community are invited to bring their computers and laptops
to this informal workshop, and volunteers from LUGOD will help you install
and configure Linux... for FREE!

How:
If you wish to bring in your PC, you must RSVP beforehand to reserve a
space. The RSVP form, and lots of useful information about Linux and
Installfests, and how to prepare for the event, are accessible on the
web at:

http://www.lugod.org/if/

Help!
We're always looking for volunteers for our workshops. If you'd like to
help, or come watch and learn as others are helped, please feel free to
drop by. Our "vox-if" mailing list is where we discuss plans and needs
for these events, so we encourage you to sign up:

...or contact the Installfest coordinators directly via email:

if@lugod.org

About LUGOD:
The Linux Users' Group of Davis is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization
dedicated to the Linux operating; system and Open Source software, and
which (along with holding Installfests) holds regular meetings with
guest speakers each month in Davis, CA. For details, visit:

http://www.lugod.org/

--
Bill Kendrick
LUGOD Public Relations Officer